Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Erin Wasson - RVCA

I was watching NYC TV (love them!!!), to see all the shows and I ran into Erin Wasson. I have to admit I don't know who she is ... maybe because I am not American.... but a Dutchy. I liked her in the interview and thought she was very beautiful. When I saw her collection I thought why would people spend so much money on something that is such a rip-off of the 80's 90's style. To me it was a blatant copy and it looked tacky. It was supposed to be rock with a modern twist...but I didn't see that at all. So I felt like I needed to do some research on her and her collection.





Top left, is a picture of a vintage dress I found on Ebay, last summer,
on the right you see. Erin in the same kind of dress...an original idea or a blatant copy..you be the judge!
below, pictures are from her Spring 2009 collection

Erwin at Home

We at U&A love vintage... but if you're going to borrow from the past should it not have a fresh modern feel, if not then you might as well buy from your local thrift store or better still buy from Used & Abused. From the pictures I've seen of her, It’s a shame Ibecause I like her own rock edgy style, it sort of reminds me of Kate Moss who I love and is so happening right now. Its a lot of vintage mixed with designer just how we like it..... what went wrong with the 2009 fall collection. Inspiration was NYC Street and California beach live.









Horrible these looks should stay in the past.....


the best dress of her fall collection


In these tough economical hard times your collection should be strong... but then as my good friend (who always has an opinion about everything), lol, said to me, she's popular because of her name and people like her own style, and she was asked to create that, just like Kate Moss. But unlike Kate Moss she missed the mark. Maybe she should have thrown in her own personal wardrobe. Velvet pants...I don't think so.


some pics from the after party
outfits here look more interesting than her collection!!

No comments: