Wednesday, April 8, 2009

FALL FASHION WEEK 2009

New York Fashion Week was an absolute success. Even though designers felt the pinch of the recession, others carried on to create colorful and fun designs for Fall/Winter 2009. On one side we saw a lot of black, violet and dark blue. And on the other side there were stunning girly shades of electric pink, orange and blue tones. Going towards in the middle. Moving with shapes, designers kept with the classic hourglass silhouette. Cigarette pants were popular and legging are back. I’ve narrowed New York Fashion Week down. Here are my top picks:



Betsy Johnson unlike many designers embraced colors. What I did like was the over the knee socks and the blue jumpsuit very 70's...... adding the sultry red coat to complete the look.


I’m always in for writing Hence this piece from Miss Sixty. I adore the leggings and also a
Big fan of the oversized belt That reminds you that the Model has a figure...


London: What did I think about the collections at the London Fashion Week? Well, at times I though very little. It seems to me that designers had recreated past collections. ‘safe’ is the word that comes to mind when thinking about some of the collections. Is it just me or is the recession chic getting kind of well, boring? I get that economic hardships can effect a lot but I also think it’s the time where creative talents shine trough.



Marios Schwab kept it plane but fun with this short sleeveless dress. To me the dress has sort of a earth tone to it.



Thinking out of the box Sinha-Stanic took a risk with this long sleeved dress. The look to me is pretty interesting, and paring it up with leggings sort of finishes it for me.


Paris:

Paris fashion week is always a great show that pleases our eyes and at the same time tells us the hottest trends. This time I noticed that Glam and punk are finally here, plus sequins and accessories are a must. I also noticed the off the shoulder look, this off or on shoulder trend is popular with the designers. Ladies get ready to show off you figure because femininity back on track
.


A model displays a pink short dress. Not sure if I would wear it but it looks pretty good. Spanish designer Estrella Archs caught y eye with this piece.


As you can tell always good for the color pink. Looking as if it was something I would wear to my prom one day, designer of this stunning dress.. Cengiz Abazoglu.

Milan: Designers such as Prada, Marni and Jil Sander all show in Milan. It gets me excited to see the fashion and what they have planned for the masses. Some things that caught my eye were bows displayed by Francesco Cognitional. Dramatic cuts seem to be rising in popularity with the designers. Flares and bell bottoms. Bright tights and tartans are also going strong.



An example of designer Francesco Cognitional large bows.



When I look at this dress I think of a GLAM..., wedding dress with a twist. The bottom of the dress gives the look an outstanding lead.





written by Doris Shonobi

No comments: